I am currently working on the topic of Accountability & Ethical Community Engagement in International (disaster) aid focusing on dignity of the affected communities. I am fascinated by technology and social change. I have worked/lived in the (grassroots) development sector in flood zone of India-Nepal border (Indian side) in the past and now I try to develop my understanding of application of technology and program designing in the aid sector in my research. On this blog I discuss my research ideas and personal opinions on the related topics. You can take a look at my online CV here, the list of my talks and publications to understand my work.
I like to look at the things that do not get attention.
Work: (online CV here)
- Present – PhD Candidate – School of Business and Economics, University of Muenster, Germany. [Interorganisational Systems Group (IOS)]
- February 2012 – September 2016 – Early Stage Researcher, Marie Curie Actions Fellow – NiTiM ITN Project at European Research Centre for Information Systems, University of Muenster, Germany.
- I have served as Manager of ICT Operations for Grameen Development Services for 2 years (February 2010-December 2011) an NGO working at the grass root level which focuses on building “Sustainable livelihoods” for the marginalised in rural India & “Women Empowerment“. I am working on application of ICTs in their programs & program level research & monitoring. I was a part of the organisation’s Humanitarian Response Team & Research Core Committee. I have also managed a project on Goat Based Livelihood in Bundelkhand region as Assistant Program Manager for 9 Months. (April 2011-December 2011).
I am also:
- trained for Community Based Disaster Risk Mitigation from Grameen Development Services, Lucknow, India [August, 2010]
- trained as a Volunteer for Disaster Response from Tata Institute of Social Sciences, India [January 2010].
- an honorary Kiwi! (My twitter friends from New Zealand made me their own Honorary Kiwi when I helped them find lost and loved ones during ChristChurch Earthquake 2011 using Twitter. And yes! it worked!)
- Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions Fellow – 02/2014-09/2016. Early Stage Researcher – Doctoral Fellow as part of European Union’s Seventh Framework Programme FP7/2007-2013/ under REA agreement number 317382.
- Westfälische Wilhelms-Universität Münster – University of Muenster, Germany
- European Research Center for Information Systems, Germany
Past Groups & Associations:
- TEDxShekhavati 2011 – Volunteer – Organising Team 
- Inter-Agency Group – Uttar Pradesh, India [2010-2011]
- Trusted Developer – Core Platform – Ushahidi 
- Core Member – Technical Team – Standby Task Force (SBTF) [2012-2013]
- Volunteer – Core Technical Team – Sahana Software Foundation [2008-2010]
Disclaimer: All views expressed on this website are that of my own and they do not represent the views of the organisations I am affiliated to. For any questions/clarifications, please feel free to write to me.